Monday, 3 August 2009

Emirates - Unaccompanied Travel for Minors - Very Good

Just thought I would share some info with parents thinking of sending kids through the Emirates Unaccompanied Minor travel program.

I wanted to send my son on Holiday to India to be with his grandma. Since he is not yet 6 years old, I was a bit worried about sending him on his own, but couldn't afford to take days off work either to go and drop him off in India.

I must say that the Emirates Unaccompanied travel program is brilliant. It was a rather long 15 hour flight to India from UK and he has just arrived happy as a bunny. They took very good care of him and more importantly kept him entertained all the way through! And all we had to pay was an adult fare instead of a children's fare which is a bargain by a mile for the services they do.

At the airport, we had to sign off some paperwork confirming that we are his parents, our contact details etc. Once the baggage has been checked in, we were allowed to roam around the airport and was asked to come to the Special Assistance meeting point an hour before departure. A nice lady came, took his passport and the paperwork and off he went.

He had a connection flight at Dubai and they handled the transit waiting very well as well. As soon as he landed in India, the local Emirates staff called his Grandma's mobile to let her know that he has arrived and that they were waiting for luggage and then handed him over to her shortly after.

Overall 100% happy with Emirates service. Am sure all airlines are good and take exceptional care of their young travellers. Me and my wife were rather worried about taking this decision and I must say next time, we wouldn't think twice! Its a brilliant service and I highly recommend it. Full stop.

No comments: